Open Source File Sync & Share
NextCloud is an open source collaboration suite which in addition to file sync & share, places your email, calendar, projects and documents in a trusted, self-hosted environment. It is a fork of OwnCloud by the original OwnCloud team, who wanted to create a storage solution that would be 100% AGPL compliant. The original codebase commenced development in 2010. The NextCloud team (formerly OneCloud) has supported respected organizations including CERN, Deutsche Bank, Vodafone and BNP Paribas.
Self-hosted alternative for: Dropbox, Office 365, GSuite, ZOHO Office
Special Features: Video chat, media file streaming, edit documents in real-time
Looking for the most cost-effective, secure & reliable data center to host your NextCloud installation? Our consultants can recommend a list of providers for you to choose from, or help you select the hardware you need to deploy it on-premise at your location.
Benefits of NextCloud
- App Store – One click to add collaboration, communication and file manipulation apps
- Multi-User – Admin can manage users, monitor usage and set storage quotas
- Cross Platform – Clients for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android and iOS
- Flexible file sharing – Share with other NextCloud users, even those on other servers using a Federated Cloud ID. Or, send a link to anyone via email.
- External storage – Manage external file stores including Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, SMB and FTP servers
- WebDAV access – Map your NextCloud storage as a network drive in Windows, Mac OS or Linux
- Automatic Versioning – NextCloud automatically keeps previous versions of files that you can roll back to if needed
- Security options – Two factor authentication (2FA) and server-side encryption