- Low ongoing cost of ownership
- Pay once for setup, and support as needed
- Free to move to any infrastructure
- You fully own and control your data
Software as a Service
- Uncertainty of rising costs
- Subscription must be kept current
- Risk of lock-in, with limited data export
- Data is subject to vendor’s policies
Cloud Hosted Apps with SaaS-Like Agility
Adopting a SaaS solution may sound like an “IT quick win”, but can become more costly than deploying an equivalent open source app on commodity cloud infrastructure.
With open source in the cloud, you get the best of both worlds: the reduced time-to-benefit and pay-as-you-go attributes of hosted software, with the control over your data you desire. When you add more users and data, your organization will save by paying only for infrastructure, not an arbitrary subscription tier.
Open Source Software Vendors
Get exposure for your product on the Autoize Hub — it’s free.
Let our cloud architects plan a smooth roll-out in your preferred environment, right-size, and scale your implementation over time. Maintaining an open source, self-hosted application shouldn’t mean you’re limited to community support.
Leave the security, backup and administration headaches to us, and you’ll barely even realize you went self hosted instead of SaaS. Benefit from the hours of validation we do in our internal labs, and our experience managing customer instances just like yours.
Most of the apps we offer are available as a Docker container. Benefits include:
- Portability – Move apps to any Docker host, on any OS, in any environment
- Increased Density – Maximize server utilization with near-zero overhead
- Lower Costs – Reduce the number of servers and VMs you need
- Faster Updates – Simply pull a new image from the repository
- IT Automation – With Swarm or Kubernetes container orchestration
- Enhanced Security – Isolation of each micro-service container
We use all the major cloud providers, and then some. Our consultants help customers find competitive pricing for specialized usage patterns such as high ingress/egress traffic, large volumes of block and/or object storage, or low latency required between multi-region datacenters.
Talk to us first and you’ll save money. We’ll explain the specific differences between different clouds’ pricing models, including using techniques such as using warm/cold storage, reserved/spot instances and preemptable instances to achieve cost savings.